Love + California

Tuesday, July 10, 2012



I really couldn't think of a better way to kick off A Heart String than with a recap of my most recent trip back to LA! Love and California are synonymous to me, and the more time I spend away, the more enchanted I become. Everything about it is so beautiful - the wind smells like flowers (on a not-smoggy day, of course), the trees, the LIGHT! I am so grateful to be from such a magical place. It's not that I don't love Brooklyn for what it is ...but as cliche as it sounds, there really is no place like home. 
Lucky for me, I have a pretty amazing travel companion. Brandon is hands down, my favorite person to travel with, ever. Everywhere we find ourselves is enough for him and the less we plan, the better - which is exactly how I love to vacation. Growing up, I was always dragged on tours or hyper organized cruises that didn't leave very much room for exploration, spontaneity or authenticity, so I'm pretty happy we both love to just sort of go with the flow. 

We spent a LOT of time with the fam, ate a LOT of mexican food and got plenty of sunshine. Here's to hoping it lasts me through the winter...I love New York, but ya know. You can take the girl out of California, but you can't ever really take the California out of the girl. Not this one, anyway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

a heart string All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger