Summer recap

Thursday, July 26, 2012


Am I the only one having the best summer EVER? Well, sort of. The best ever would involve a lot more beach time and a lot less time spent in the city, but I'm doing what I can to remedy that with...

Lunchbreaks spent at Cafe Habana! aka: the best kind of lunch breaks. It's of course, no Versailles in L.A, but it definitely hits the spot when the craving hits. I'm sparing you the photo of my attempts to eat that giant ass corn on the cob covered in the cheese. It really wasn't pretty, but it was delicious!

Filling our apartment with summer flowers! The Californication/Santa Fe-esque additions continue to pile up! Guess I'm pretty fortunate that I found a Jersey boy with a (possibly) more LA aesthetic than myself / who appreciates the random bouquets of flowers I'm constantly sprinkling around our apartment. I know this is far-ish off, but I'm dreaming of the days when I'll be able to wake up early on a saturday and bring home a car load from the LA flower mart!
I also really love & recommend that issue of Beached Days if you haven't already picked it up. It's issue 001, so there's still time to catch up!
The animal head we picked up on one of our photo excursions our sophomore/junior year of college. We were only best friends back then, but we found that one together, and after trying to find the most efficient ways to clean/disinfect it without ruining it, there it is! Probably the most romantic skull that will ever exist in my life. I mean, I hope.

Pool days with my ladies! Thanks to our charm and determination to swim with bloody mary's in hand on a weekly basis, this salt water pool has become our new weekly ritual. We've made some preeeetty interesting pool friends & enjoyed some seriously delicious grub here together on many a Friday. Hands down my favorite Williamsburg gem.


Loungin' with some serious babes (see: colorful shorts man behind me)

trying new summer recipes! i've been obsessed with summer salads lately, and this is my favorite. My summer salad staple is : 10 ounces of Chickpea, a whole, sliced avocado, 10 ounces of sweet corn, 1/2 onion, lots-o-limes, an entire jalepeƱo + salt + pepper to taste. Pretty sure Brandon's over it, but it's definitely the summer of the chickpea for me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

a heart string All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger